Monday, June 27, 2005

Pressure

Ok so I started this blog and now I feel all this pressure! The pressure to consistently post something. The pressure to consistently post something of meaning. I hate pressure! I don't want to disappoint people.

I am glad that school is out. I really enjoy spending time with my kids. I have great kids. Sometimes as a mom it is hard to let them be who God has made them to be. Like for instance, my daughter who is 14 and 1/2, loves life and loves to have fun. She is alot like her dad. She can be friends with anyone. She enjoys being in the spotlight and tends to always be smiling. She is like me however...she is a girl and well we share girl stuff in common...moody swings, self conscious about our body, etc.... BUT when a person asks for a volunteer to come up on stage...she tends to raise her hands and I just melt in the background. I get sweaty and start thinking of what everyone else thinks. I am always trying to be what I think everyone wants me to be.

I know I am waaaaaaaaaaay too old to be still thinking that way. I guess I am just a little insecure that way. I am trying very hard to not worry about what others think of me and worry about what God wants from me. Cause if I am doing what God wants then really nothing else is important.

That is a great life lesson. Now I need to learn it and then teach my kids that lesson! Now there is pressure!

No comments: