Friday, September 09, 2005

Quick before the door closes!

Man, am I getting old. I have secretly known it for a while but hello, Josh Kellar left a comment on myblog and then I followed his blog and read all what was happening in his life....

I have been in denial. By the way, denial itself is actually good, it is when you come out of denial and into reality that it sucks!

So, the getting old thing...i have been keeping it a secret that I am getting old. I dye my hair, I blame my weight gain on my children. I am fooling everyone! HA! I mean my brother's have kids. 5 between the 2 of them! Their friends that they hung out in high school with and hung out at my house with are having kids! I mean Chad Patterson is a DAD!!! COME ON! Josh is married, Heather has 2 kids! You all are suppose to stay the same so that I don't feel old! A few years ago I ran into a college kid who was in like 2nd grade whenI had him in SACC (school age childcare) when I worked SACC in college!!!

I have a daughter in high school for crying out loud! She plays volleyball for the high school. My son is in his last year of elementary school! The other day we walked into the school for a game and I realized "oh my, i need to make sure he is in the school so that he learns his way around before next year!" In 9 very short months...I think that time gets literally faster as you get older...he will go to JR. HIGH!!! He is my baby!

I remember record players. I had a record player! I have vinyl!!! Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi, Eagles, The Go-Go's, the Firm! It is a concept that is filed under anciet history for my kids. They of course have some of the afore mentioned artists but now they are on their ipods not on vinyl or even a cassette tape!

I used to talk on the phone for as long as I was allowed and I would walk as far as the extra long cord would allow me...just as long as I unwound it and hung it back up right as to not exhasterbate my father....now they IM. There is not calling on the phone. They text msg. Apparently that is easier than picking up the actual now cordless phone and using their mouth to communicate!

I try to stay up adn current. But nothing can hide the fact that I am truly aging. Well reality has been real! I am headed back into denial quickly before the door closes!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Josh Kellar said...

Funny what happens when you google your own name! Thanks for the mention :o)
~J. Kellar