Monday, March 20, 2006

Gotta love a smart preschooler!



What happened yesterday at church was just too precious to pass up so I am going to share the story for you!! For those of you not living in our area and who don't attend our church, I am going to need to give you some background info.

People constantly confuse my cohort and myself. We have learned over the past 5 years to just respond to each other's names. FEW people call us by the right name. So when someone is addressing me and calls me "Miss Lisa" I just respond and keep going. As you can see from our pictures there are some similarities. We have the same mannerisms. People get us confused on the phone. Even the children of the deaf adults get us confused and I am the one out of the 2 of us who knows sign language. You would think they could keep it straight.....

Anyway, all that to say, we have become accustomed to answering to whatever we are called now.

So yesterday there must of been a full moon or something because just about every little girl under the age of 6 was having a hard day. One little girl inparticular wanted her Dad to stay with her in Bible class. Miss Lisa said she would sit with the little girl to help her get adjusted so that Dad could go and worship. So Miss Lisa did that for a while. About 30 minutes later, the teacher peeks her head out of the door and said that this little girl needed to use the restroom and doesn't want to use the one that is there in the room. She wants to use the one in the hallway. Ok, so I go down that hall to get the little girl and we go to the bathroom in the hallway.

Upon entering, I ask her, like I do all the children at this age (3)...."Can you do this by yourself? or do you need help?" She took a look at the potty and then turned around to me and smiled and said..."I don't have to go potty. I want you to come sit with me in class." I smiled back at her and thought....clever little girl! So I made her try to go potty anyway and then probably because she is so clever she figured out, I wasn't going to sit with her.....she said "Where's the other you?"

The "other you"!!!!! That was a new one! So now we are just going to tell people that I am "the you" and Lisa is the "other you"!!!

I thought that was just so precious! It is things like that that make me smile and enjoy my Sundays! This you is going to run crew carpool! Later!

3 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Very cute! I am guessing Chelsea made it back and is none the worst for her trip to the Big Apple ( or sin city or whatever you want to call it) Big sigh of relief for Mom!

Tanya said...

cute story! I love preschool stories. I have oh so many :)

Malia said...

Are you wearing the same outfit?