Thursday, November 30, 2006

'tis the season....

Ok--I am almost done with my Christmas shopping! I was feeling good about my progress. Today an electrician came to our house and put in an outside socket--I know how stupid we don't have one right! Christmas lights can go up! But I was stressed that we had no tree and no real good time to go get one. So.....

Jay and I went to get our tree tonight while we dropped off both kids at their practices. Yes that means the kids were not with us but I just couldn't make it happen.

We have a tradition in the Sergio household. We go the Sat. after Thanksgiving to this place about an hour away and cut down our perfect tree! It is perfect in every way becuase not only are they meticulously maintained through the year but they are only $40 for any height, any species of tree!!! Can't beat that! Well, due to our lives being totally crazy and in NYC for the Sat. after thanksgiving, we had to go to plan "B".

Jay and I made the decision and drove to the nearest nursery and bought an 8 foot frazier fir for--are you ready for this--$80!!!! Are you kidding me?!!!! Seriously?!

Yes, I am not joking!

So it is up--not decorated--just up. Who knows when we will decorate it?!!

Can someone tell me why I paid $80 for a christmas tree on a 73 degree day in Nov?!!! What is this Florida or California?

I told Jay that Chelsea was going to be mad....and she got home from volleyball tryouts and said "are you kidding me?! you got a tree without me?!" I can't blame her. She only has 3 more Christmas' at home with us before she goes to college....tradition is a big deal right now.

I feel like a such a bad mom--maybe I should buy her a pony. Oh wait that's right...tonight we bought a "new to us" vehicle! Maybe I should buy her a black video ipod...oh wait she bought her own in Soho this past weekend! Well she will have to settle for what I got her for Christmas!

fa la la la la la! La la la la!!!

3 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

The world has gone flip flop if it is 73 degrees in Va. and 30 degrees in TX! Go Figure! I doubt you have scarred her for life! If the alternative was no tree this year, I bet she gets over it. Enough with the guilt! Hope things calm down a little for you soon.

Malia said...

what did you get me?

;-)

Ellyn said...

the same thing you got me! ;)