Saturday, November 10, 2007

We were meant to live for so much more....

The Year--1988
The Driver--me
The Passenger--my friend Debbie
The Car--Volkswagen Rabbitt (Belonged to the Belknaps)
The Situation--a tree fell on me!

All the Emergency personnel could not believe that we lived through it. I was meant to live for so much more....not sure what my purpose in life is, other than to live each day for God and do His will. I don't know that I am destined for greatness but I do know that I have been given each day since that day in 1988 as a gift. Each day that you wake up, you are given the gift of that day. What are you going to do with you day?








By the way--the Belknaps were pretty cool about the whole situation. Mr. Belknap wanted to get rid of the car anyway!

The Lord works in mysterious ways!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that!!! It's been almost 20 years since that happened! That is a very surreal thought.

Katherine said...

That is one scary looking picture! How DID you guys walk away from that?

Emily Gray said...

it's funny.. I was just thinking about this the other day. Don't remember why it crossed my mind though. It's cool to see the pictures. I remember when that happened but I never got to see pics of the aftermath.

Suzanne said...

I had NO idea! I am so glad God brought you safe through it though :)

Ramona said...

I was just thinking about it the other day too when I was driving down a road with big trees :).