Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Back in the saddle again

Ok I have gone for a while. No one ever reads my blogs anyway but I hope to have something very profound to say soon!

I was sick this weekend with the flu, I am better now! Thanks for asking!

Yesterday was my daughter's 15th birthday. I can't believe she is 15!! She will be driving in 6 months! I look at her and think...what did we do to deserve such an amazing blessing?!!!

She is such a great kid! She is honest and kind. She is a hard worker and she loves God! She came away from Powerhouse this weekend just amazed. She knows she actually felt God in the worship center Saturday night! She said it was amazing! She cried telling me about it. She was overflowing with joy at the souls who turned their lives over to God this weekend. She was reminded of her decision 3 years ago. She knows she is cleaned by God and she is ever grateful for it! She wants everyone she knows to be clean too!

My son turned 12 ten days before my daughter turned 15. Again, I can't believe my "baby" is 12! He was a hard baby! He challenged everything we knew to be right. The good news is that we stuck to our guns and leaned up what we knew was right and he is just a fantastic kid!

He has such a great sense of humor! He keeps us laughing! He is laid back and fun loving. He doesn't get rattled at much. He loves to please other people. He also will work hard for those he likes! I worry about him because he doesn't seem to be as outwardly driven as my daughter but yet when I think about it, he is driven just in a different way and I sometiems struggle to understand his way.

That reminds me of the Bible verse that says "Train a child in the way HE should go and HE will not depart from it." Hmm...that would be a good blog entry next on what that means.

Do you have any ideas? If so let me know! Also, use this time to give a shout out to your kids or your husband or a friend! We all could use a shout-out once in a while!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Are you sure 'no one ever reads your posts'.
Yes they do. Actually, I just found yours. Backstepped into it via a comment made on Malia's by Sam Young.
I too, find it hard to believe that C is 15 and A is 12 and for that matter that you are 35?. My how time flies. The babies I've held have grown up and are having babies.
You and Jay have done such a wonderful job with C and A. Keep up the excellent work and you will continue to enjoy many more years of happiness in the future.

Malia said...

ok, so we're a blogging and family and no one even knew about it!

I'm reading and I'll keep reading especially if that means I get to know what's going on in your life :-)

David (my David) has one too

and I found yours the same way Dido did, David (my David) had found Erin Cox's and found Sammie through that

it's a small blog world after all...

Malia said...

oh and FIFTEEN?????

that means I'm old, too

Ellyn said...

wow! I didn'tknow that my family was so into blogs! Cool! Now I have motivation to keep blogging! Thanks guys for commenting! I can't wait to hear about ur families too!