Saturday, November 19, 2005

What a difference a day makes

Today is my hubby's birthday! YEAH!!! He is the rip old age of 37! Yikes 40 is just around the corner for us!

We had a GREAT family day!! Shopping--almost bought a $2000 bed...the select comfort...then we ate a mediocre meal at Benningan's and regained our facilities and decision making skills! We are still in the market for a new mattress and new bed but can't seem to fork over the money right now so I guess we will wait a while...maybe until tax returns come in! The lovely lady at the select comfort store did however manage to convince us thru the every so sly trick of video and heat waves and such to tell us that regular old innerspring mattresses would just worsen Jay's back condition. AND She knows that not everyone can afford $2200 upfront so how about 14 months no interest same as cash?! HA! Whatever fool!!! I still have to come up with $2200!!! it doesn't matter if it is today or 14 months from now!

I have to admit those beds were pretty darn comfortable! All day I have been thinking how can we EVER go back to a "normal" mattress, one where our bodies don't relax like they should and the pressure points are all wrong! Then we went to see Harry Potter 4 and I forgot about it for 2 1/2 hours! The movie was fine. It was not for young kids. It is not your happy go lucky Harry Potter...this one is much heavier in content and darker. He is a teenager in the movie and does typical teen things.

Now I am trying to wake Alex up so he can go to a birthday party where they will play manhunt all night? Whatever that is. Take Chelsea to a teen function and go out to birthday dinner with the Hubby and maybe go and look at some more inferior albeit cheaper mattresses than the ever popluar select comfort.

Have a good one!

3 comments:

Diana said...

We've had a select comfort bed for probably 5 years now. Yes, we love it/like it. What I know for sure is . . . I miss it when we travel. We bought ours with bonus $$$$ I received. Otherwise, it would have not been an easy decision to part with that much $$$$ for a bed.
They threw in one of those super duper memory foam pillows for free and so of course we had to buy the second one. I am still using mine. It goes everywhere with me. If I were forced in some unreal scenario to make a choice between my select comfort bed and my pillow . . . the pillow would win without a doubt!

Happy birthday Jay!
Good luck on the mattress shopping. You might check with Malia and David. They recently purchased a really nice mattress. It is super comfy . . . not a select comfort bed.

We're heading to Nashville early tomorrow morning to spend Thanksgiving with Malia, David, Julia, Galen, Emily, Mom, Martha Ann, Del . . . . I think that's everyone. :-)

DIDO

Malia said...

it's a Fluffo, it's really comfy and it didn't cost 2K, of course we never even thought about looking at select comfort, but I have been on Mom & Dad's bed and I think the Fluffo and the select comfort are very comparable

Malia said...

www.fluffo.com

I forgot it's a local company, they do have dealers in VA, but I don't know if they are near you or not.