Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Day at sea and Grand Caymans

Sorry, for the delay but it took me 2 1/2hrs. to upload the 245 pictures from our memory card to COSTCO so that we can get our pictures...I was too tired last night to blog.


So after Key West, we spent a day at sea. That morning we had a character breakfast in the restaurant Parrot Cay. Now you may not know how to pronounce C-A-Y. There has been much debate about this among our group of seafaring travellers. All the Disney employees pronounce it "key". I do believe it is a word with British origins. Anyhoo.....Character breakfast! Fun! Fun! fun!

I am trying to add pictures as I type and it is not allowing me so...I will post pictures of the Character breakfast and Grand Caymans tomorrow. For tomorrow is another day! That is for you Malicious!

Anyway, we spent a wonderfully rested and relaxed day on the ship! We saw the movie Eight Below. There was this latino boy sitting behind us who was speaking spanish loudly but completely enjoying the movie! So Chelsea would translate for us what the young boy was saying! His father was not doing much to keep him speaking at at whisper. It was actually pretty cute. The seats in the Buena Vista theatre....so NOT comfortable!

The next day we anchored off shore of Grand Cayman. We tendered in and met up with our excursion group! We catamaraned out about 45 minutes from shore to go to Stingray City! We swam with stingrays! The kids had a quicky lesson in snorkeling and they were great! We were in about 10-15 ft. of some of the clearest water in the world! We could see stingrays on the bottom of the ocean swimming along waiting for us to feed them their daily dose of squid. WE all jumped into the ocean and snorkeled for about 45 mintues! It was glorious! Just such a great way to see more of God's creation! When we were done we sailed back into shore! My WORD it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo relaxing!!!!!

The thought crosses my mind..."Thank you Lord! We were allowed to experience a part of your making! My children were able to experience you in a different way today! We are truly blessed. Thank you for allowing this to happen!"

I was just so content and happy! It has been a long while since I truly felt that way.

No comments: