Thursday, January 04, 2007

thankful thursdays?

I know that my dear cousin started to blog about thankful thursdays....but i am having a hard time being thankful for Thursdays.....

1. Chelsea doesn't finish volleyball practice until 10 p.m. and by the time I dtop off the carpool, it is almost 11!!!

2. This means I miss Grey's Anatomy! Thank goodness for Tivo!

3. I usually miss Alex's bball games becasue of volleyball practice!

4. If your church is trying to "find itself". Don't--DO NOT volunteer to be on teh church records team!!! I spent 6 hours today going thru old bulletins to find the number of new members added in 10 years!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH

5. I now have to go thru old directories and compare and find people who we "lost" over those said 10 years!

Good Things about today--

--Guitar hero is a GREAT way to put off and relieve the stress of the aforementioned task!
--Grey's Anatomy
--Tomorrow is Friday
--Tomorrow is my day off!
--Tivo
--I got Baja Fresh for lunch
--I found out that Sonic just opened in Fredericksburg!! That is only 45 minutes away.....If i didn't have to pick up a certain teenage girl from volleyball practice, i would so go tonight!!!

So tell me, what are you thankful for this Thursday?

10 comments:

Shayna Willis said...

I thought that Fredericksburg sonic thing was an urban legend. I looked it up once and found one in Fredericksburg, TX. But you're right, there's one in F-burg, VA. Guess we'll be visiting Carl's family more often. :-)

John H said...

i always get bummed when i find out that G. Anatomy is a freakin' re-run!!

Jill said...

i'm thankful that the new episodes of GA start next thursday night and i'm thankful that i now have a sonic less than 5 minutes from me!!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I am thankful we live in TX and there are two Sonics within 3 minutes of my house! You guys still have great seasons though, I miss actually having 4 seasons instead of Summer all year round! By the way, we left Fairfax because we moved to TX!!!!Just for the record!

Ellyn said...

Shayna--it is true. would i steer you wrong? if you get there soon...have a cherry limeade for me! or you can call me like suzanne does everytime she is in tx. or tn. to rub it in that she is eating at sonic!!!

John--don't know you but i read your responses all the time on em's blog. nice to meet another grey's fan!

jill--i am very jealous that you have a sonic so close to you. hope you all are doing well.

mak--duely noted that you moved to tx. and that is the reason why you are no longer at fxcc. i will add you to my excel sheet!!! and yes, the 4 seasons are nice...can someone please tell God that it is Jan. and we should have snow not 65 degree weather!

Tanya said...

I'm jealous that you had Baja Fresh for lunch - YUM! Wish we had one here. Although I enjoy Sonic and there is one very close to my house, I don't go there very often. I know, what's wrong with me!?

Yesterday I was VERY thankful to finally go home. We left the house at 8 am and didn't get home until 7 pm due to work, school, planning, dentist appts., library, basketball practice, etc. It was a long but good day!

Ramona said...

I'm thankful that I have had overnite company and then some friends over today so my house isn't as messy as usual. Thankful that James liked my suggestion of him picking up pizza on the way home tonight for dinner. I'm thankful that we can now stop at Sonic on the way to Williamsburg too :). And, while some snow would be fun later in the winter, I'm thankful for the warm days we have had recently. Yesterday we played at Burke Lake with my friend and neighbor Carol and her kids. Oh, and finally, that I started watching Grey's Anatomy. It's really good :).

Ellyn said...

Ramona--if you want to get caught up...we have seasons 1 and 2 on dvd...i know we are geeks!

Jacque said...

hee hee hee. You're loved, Ellyn.

ENOL said...

Dear Ellyn,

We´ve notice you visited my 7 years old cousin blog site. It surprised us due to the fact that it is written in spanish with some hints of a local language from the north of Spain!!. Blogsphere is amazing!!!

I do not exactly know if you understood anything. Anyhow, let me please explain a little bit.The reason why my cousin and me are writing and designing this blog is simply to spread the word on muscular distrophies (just like his),find answers and meet people under the same situation. There are more than 2000 muscular distrophies not being investigated as they are not profitable for the largest laboratories (you can find only 1 or 2 exactly similar cases worldwide(http://soyenol.blogspot.com). Pls, pass this to everybody interested.

Also, to tell you that your blog is really friendly and my wife totally agrees with your comments.

By the way, mostly of the people in Spain is crazy about ANATOMY OF GREY as well!!!

All the best from here.

Tomás & Anuski