Thursday, July 05, 2007

I left my heart in San Francisco...


Well not really.....being in San Fran was an experience in itself. The reason why? It was beginning of Gay Pride weekend!!!! My kids have seen things that they have never seen before! If you know what I mean!!!
Before I continue on....

Here is the answer to the gas question.

Now we were blessed to be able to see the Golden Gate Bridge every day that we were there. San Fran is not a hot place....we all wore long pants and brought a jacket with us. The first night we ate in the restaurant called "John's Grill". That is the setting for the famous book/movie, The Maltese Falcon. I have to be honest...I have heard of it but never read it or seen the movie.

We went to Chinatown and down a sketchy alley to see 2 old Chinese women making fortune cookies! They charged us .50 to take their picture!!! We got some free fortune cookies.

The next day we went to Alcatraz and I have to tell you that was very cool! We took the audio tour and it was EXCELLENT!!! We met a real live ex-inmate. He wrote a book and he was signing the books! Too cool!!! It is about his life and how he got to Alcatraz and then how he gave his life over to God! He was missing fingers!!! eeekkk!




Anyone know what famous row of houses this is from....hint....major sitcom of the 90's on ABC on Friday nights....."Whatever happened to predictability? The milkman, the paper boy and evening t.v.?......"

We took a trolley car to Pier 39 and ate at the outdoor markets there. We saw the sealions of Pier 39. We drove down Lombard street...America's most narrow and crooked street! I have a picture on a cd but I can't get it to turn right side up.....
Then we headed to the Pacific ocean! Our kids had never seen, felt, or tasted the Pacific Ocean. It was the end of June and only 60 degrees that day! There was some wading into the ocean but no swimming! It was very windy too.....you don't swim in Northern California....too cold!!!

I don't know about you but I think I can sum up the last 2 destinations of our trip in one blog...so tomorrow is Sequoia and Las Vegas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, whatever happened to Dave Coulier? Saget's got that game show gig, Stamos is on ER, we all know what's become of the Olsen twins...

Ellyn said...

Yes and did you ever see that Stephanie became addicted to drugs. Her husband is a cop!

Good job Malia!

Tanya said...

I actually recognized the row of houses right away. My family likes to watch the reruns :)

Suzanne said...

Are you going to adopt me yet or what??? :)