Friday, July 27, 2007

Why isn't life a musical?


Just saw Hairspray! I was once again reminded of how happy I am when I see a great musical! Chelsea and I had a girls evening. We went out to eat and then went to see a movie and even though Chelsea had seen Hairspray already, she told me she would happily see it again! Now I know why!!! LOVE IT!

So here is a list of some of my favorite muscials....

1. Les Miserables
2. Phantom of the Opera
3. Sound of Music
4. Hairspray
5. Grease
6. High School Musical--yes, I love this! I sing it all the time and on August 17th. I will be sitting in my living room watching High School Musical 2!

Oh saw a preview for the movie called "Becoming Jane". It is about Jane Austen!!! I love her novels!!!


I still need to see the current Harry Potter; Live Free, Die Hard; Bourne Ultimatum; and Ocean's 13. So many movies, so little time and money. But none of them will make me as happy as a good ole song and dance!

What are your favorite musicals?

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I can't wait to see Hairspray!! Hopefully soon :)

Grease and Annie are my all time favorites!! Sound of Music is a favorite, too.

I'm pretty sure that High School Musical is Abby's favorite :) We will be watching on August 17th, too.

Jill said...

I need to see Hairspray because I know I will love it! My faves are Les Mis, Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Oklahoma, and the Lion King! I could go on and on!

Anonymous said...

I like all that you've listed. I also like Chicago. I know, I know, it's raunchy and immoral but it has a compelling story line and catchy song and dance numbers to boot!

Wicked is wicked good, too. Saw that on in, um well, Chicago.

And who can leave out West Side Story?

Malia! I just a met a girl named Malia!

What do mean that's not the way the song goes??

Suzanne said...

You can knock 2 of those movies off your must see list :)

My favorite musical is The happiest Millionaire. It is an old Disney movie. I own it if anyone wants to see it :) Oh and Mary Poppins. I love that one too. I have to say, I have never seen any of the classics.

Anonymous said...

When I was young I loved "KISS ME KATE", which is an old musical based on "THE TAMING OF THE SHREW". Now when I see "10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU", which I love, it reminds me of "KISS ME KATE" especially when Patruchio boldly sings "I've come to marry wealthily in PADUA". I love all the old classics with Ann Miller. Wah hoo. I just gave my mother "10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU" for her 79th birthday. haha.