Wednesday, October 17, 2007

This is why we stay....

When I first posted, it only contained the picture. Then I thought people might be confused by the title, so I feel like there needs to be an explanation.

Jay and I have lived here since we were married in '89. We tried very hard through the years to move becuase we have always lived paycheck to paycheck. We NEVER get a head financially. We save up to only have to spend it within that year. We don't make alot of money. Over the past 8 years, Jay has been offered jobs in places that are not in VA. He has been offered ALOT of money to move us away. We have decided to not take them, knowing it would hurt his chances for promotions in some companies. The reason is...well look at the picture above. We wouldn't have that if we lived far away. We feel it is worth the sacrifice financially for us to be close to our family. I don't say this to seem "better than you". It is our choice. We choose to live in a townhouse and drive used cars so that we can have that picture. Jay grew up military and never was around family. I was never really close to my aunts, uncles and cousins, except for the ones who lived here. We wanted both things for our family--choices have consequences. This is a kind of consequence we will gladly accept. It is as the commercial says "priceless".

6 comments:

Tanya said...

So sweet! Can't wait to see everyone at the end of the month.

Ellyn said...

I can't wait to see you all at the end of the month! I loved seeing Jonathan and Brady a few weeks ago!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Such a sweet picture.

I was looking at some of the photos that Chelsea has one her FB page and she has certainly turned into a rather beautiful young lady! She's always had the beautiful inside (from the little I've seen of her over the years) and she's always been pretty but she has that beautiful woman quality now that seems to just happen overnight when they're in high school. I've witnessed it in my two older nieces as well.

And we stay here in Mid-TN for the same reasons. There have been thoughts over the years of moving away but being near family, something neither of us experienced a lot of (of course on my side the exception being our years in VA), means so much to us.

LB said...

ok, they are just too cute together! I know the kids appreciate being able to grow up together. Some things are just worth it.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

When I first saw the picture for a split second I thought it was you and your nephew, not Chelsea and your nephew. That girl looks a lot like her Mama! I have always admired your family's closeness.

Ramona said...

What a sweet little boy :)! We are immeasurably blessed by you being so close - sometimes I even wish you still lived in Centreville :). My children adore you guys. Thank you for all you do help us. Like driving me to the hospital to have Reuben :). Love you!, Ramona