Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Stuff

Ok so I am at work and I need to make a database for our new VBS and then queries to be able to have mailing labels and what not. Um, I am WAAAAAAAAAAY out of my league. I get some computer stuff but not a lot of it.

I mean think about it. Just in one small second you can send an IM or an email across the world! I don't get it! Where to all the letters that you type go? I mean how does the word "apple" get sent to china? Think about it. Gone are the days of the pony express and "regular" mail. No one takes the time to hand write a letter anymore...that is for another blog.

Then our FABULOUS IT people changed our webserver and email server and it took 24-36 hours for every server across the world to recieve that there was a change and make the change do that when a person in let's say Finland wants to know more about Fairfax Church of Christ, he can still google us! AMAZING!!!!

It actually hurts my head to think about it. So here I am having a lot of time on my hands because the big project I needed to work on can't be done right now. I sent an email to my FABULOUS IT people and they are working on the problem! LOVE them!

The internet..who thought of it? Who sat down and really came up wiht the idea.? I mean what a lot of FREE time that person had! WOW!!!

Oh and by the way my palm pilot died. He lived a good life. He was 4 years old....Let's take a moment to remember him in silence! "pause". May he live happily in the land of obsolete paraphanalia (sp?).

No comments: