Friday, August 26, 2005

Ramblings.....

I got done with work early today!!! Yea me! So now I am at home and what I should be doing is picking up and cleaning house...you know like a good wife should! jk But instead I got online and started reading blogs! My word, I don't think I knew that I knew so many people with so much to say! Then I started thinking....ok get this...how weird is that we now live in an age of technology that allows us to post our daily thoughts to THE WORLD!!!! I mean if you really think about it....it's just wierd! I know I am on the beginning end of the gen-xers, so I have the tendency to think like a baby boomer too but all you late gen-xers and millenials, this is just everyday life for you...this is just wierd if you really think about it! Kind of cool, kinda creepy. Right now some dude from Uzbekistan could be reading my blog! If they knew english I guess....see what I mean. Why does someone in Uzbekistan want to see what some almost middle-age wife and mom of 2 has to say about her life....why does anyone? But still I keep putting up posts! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE reading what most you all put up. You know who you are....Shayna, Jessica B., Sammie, Bruce, etc.

I try to stay up and current becuase I have an almost 15 year old daughter....there is another blog in itself! I mean she is going to be a FRESHMAN in high school! I have a FRESHMAN! yikes! I still think I am like 23 or somthing...then I look in the mirror and realize I am not (grey hair abounds or not thanks to the bottle of peroxide!) or one of my daughter's friends looks at me wierd when I try to use their lingo and I realize...oh yeah, they think I am an OLD person. But anyhoo.....

So I try to stay current....on my AIM I have all my daughter's friends screennames and I keep track of their profiles and what they say. Well now, they all have either blogs, xangas (i guess that is a blog too) or a "space". These kids will say anything and everything! I learn alot about them!!! Then I wonder....where are those parents and do they know what their kid has on their AIM profile or blog or xanga or space? What would they do if they did read those? It is a whole different ballgame! This is like extreme parenting. The x-games of life.

Then thinking of all that leads me to...I wonder when I will be too old to care or understand about what is current and new and hip? You know like your grandparents? or parents? My parents don't have a blog, my mom barely operates a computer. She does however have a Treo, that's a big step. I had to explain to her about getting Chelsea an ipod mini. Which leads me to...remember the original sonywalk man? The cassette player! See what I mean...I am only 36 and in like 20 short years sooooooooooooooooooooo much has changed!

Makes me curious about the next 20 years.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

As someone from the tail end of the gen-xers, I'm still constantly amazed at what we are able to do in today's technological world. I think blogging is an awesome way to stay in touch with people...and a way to get to know things about people that you might not otherwise learn in general conversation. But I tell you what, if one more person I know starts a blog, I'm gonna have to start taking an hour and a half lunch break just to read them all! :)