Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What to do

I have been working from home today. Well I should say trying to work from home today. I am not sure how any of this computer stuff works but I have this new fangled software or something or other on my laptop(my personal laptop, not one from work...everyone else seems to be allowed to have one but me!!!..yes self inflicted pity party happening at 3) that allows me to access our server and supposedly our database (which i learned today I also don't have permission to see) from home.

I asked for this life-easing(is that a word?) alternative since the last 3 weeks of summer vacation I tend to spend all day away from my kids. I get tired of it and they get tired of it. One of the things I asked for when I started to work for the church was that I needed them to understand that I was a Mommy first. My family comes first. So if I needed to be with them then I wasn't going to get grief about it. All powers that be were in agreement! (Amazing what desperate people will agree to!!! Just Kidding!)

So now I can work from home in the mornings while my kids are sleeping away until noon! EXCEPT for today. The system failed me! I couldn't get connected and if I did then it said I did not have permission to access it! WHatever! God himself gave me permission! What computer server thinks it can out perform God almighty!!!

So while I was trying to get that problem solved, I was making phone calls and sending emails via my personal email account. All this to say, haven't really spent any time with my kids except to tell them that " Mom, is almost done!" Grrrr.....

So much for technology making my life easier. OH well these things happen....I guess I am going into the office tomorrow!

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

Ok apparently I need to figure out how to not let everyone and their dog leave a comment!!!!