Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Vacations

I love vacations! I especially loved this past vacation! Went on our annual trip to the beach with 2 dear families! We rented an AWESOME house 100 yds. from the ocean and had an all around relaxing and enjoyable time!

Every year when we get together with these friends there tends to be a favorite game we play. Last year was Rummikube (sp?), this year at camp it was Phase10, at the beach we opened up the gates and posted the challenge.....we played Nertz! Ever played? It is the best game ever! Fast paced, every man/woman for themselves, losers go down and go down big! All you faint hearted and weak kneed people need not play! It is hard to describe the feeling of trying to nertz first and then have someone else nertz before you and you were sooooooooo close! You have to experience it.

We shopped and sat on the beach and read books. One day, I think we actually did nothing but sit on the couch and watch t.v. and sleep! This is not like our normal vacations. We tend to get up and get moving and go, go, go. Now, I know what some of you may be thinking...how is that different from everyday life? It isn't except that I am not looking at bills to pay and answering the phone and going to work. But this vacation was different. WE all slept in until like 9:30-10. We didn't eat breakfast until like 10:30, one day it was 11! IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! It was pure relaxation!

I love the ocean and the beach. I love the sound of the waves and the feel of the sand under my feet. Hey, it is a cheap pedicure that way...I mean we spent a ton of $$ to have a house 100 yds. from the ocean! I know this is all very Hallmarky but it is true.

We had great food! Yes I even cooked one night! It was Taco salad, so you may not consider that "cooking" but Jay did brown the ground beef! We had great company! We laughed and talked and there was a fair amount of trash talk going on...all in good Christian fun! 2 words.... Buddha, Salad!

This was just one of the best vacations! I love being busy but I really really enjoyed doing nothing and having no agenda and time constraints! ahhhh..........

Now it is back to the grind!

No comments: