Saturday, January 21, 2006

Angry words

We all get angry. I especially hate it because according to my strength finders test, harmony is my numero uno strength. Yes it is true, I love for everything to be in harmony and it really really bothers me when things are not. So as you can imagine, I tend to stay stressed out alot! Cause if you haven't noticed lately, there is very little in the world that is harmonious--is that a real word?

Anway, I remember reading a few years ago the book called "Fresh Faith" by Jim Cymbala, I believe is his name. He said in his book that anger is showing a lack of faith. I remember that because it made me stop and think. I had never put being angry and letting anger control you with having a lack of faith.

So I am curious. What do you think? Is being angry or letting anger control your words and actions a lack of faith. In very many ways, I think that yes it is. But I will share with you my thoughts so as to not sway your thinking.

I am serious. I would love to hear what you have to say on the matter. I can go for a very very long time without being angry and then when I am...well it seems to be overwhelming. Hey, maybe I am as dysfunctional as the rest of the world! :)

Ok so to recap...anger...a lack of faith or what?

4 comments:

Shayna Willis said...

Well, there are many who believe that there are two main emotions-anger and love. Fear comes out of anger so it wouldn't be related to love. So does that make it a lack of faith? I'm not sure, but if it's not born of love than should we be partaking in it?

Ellyn said...

Good thougths Shayna! I am going to try to find the book tonight and quote what he said.

Jay and I have been talking about this alot lately! :)

Malia said...

Well I keep thinking about this and I just can't come up with any good anwers, just more questions. I really don't think that all anger comes from a lack of faith. My main example being that when I find myself angry with my child or my spouse it's because of the way one or both of us is behaving. I don't see what exactly that has to do with a lack of faith. But when I find myself angry that a young mother (and I don't mean I'm angry with this person or even with God, just angry...and sad) was not able to keep fighting a battle with depression and ended it all, I know that's a lack a faith in God's big picture for our lives. Does that make any sense?

Shayna Willis said...

Mybe it's being angry with God that shows a lack of faith.