Monday, January 02, 2006

Prayers and blessings

Well as of 5 a.m. tomorrow...I am off to sunny CA for the next 5 days. Why you ask? Lisa and I are going to the International Children's Pastor's Conference in Anaheim! Very exciting!

Last year we went to Saddleback's Purpose Driven Children's ministry conference! That was probably hands down THE best conference I have ever been to! We heard amazing speakers, such as, Craig Jutila, George Barna(love that man!!!), Rick Warren. The praise time was wonderful! Going to church there was so fantastic!!!! Lisa and I learned soooo much!

Please pray for my family as I am gone this week. I hate being so far away from them but after the hectic holidays I am looking forward to some peace and quiet and the beach! Pray for the pilots and the men and women working on the plane. Pray that the Lord keeps the crazy people off the road while I am gone. Pray for my families peace of mind that things will be just fine while mom is gone.

Lisa and I land in LA at 1:13 and we are headed to the beach before we head to our first session that evening!

I think being at the beach is a blessing. The beach is so relaxing! hearing the waves roll in and out. Just can feel the tension roll away! My family is an amazing blessing, that they encourage me to go and learn more about what will make our children's ministry more successful. The elders of our church and our church family is a blessing that they are supportive and encouraging to Lisa and I. Our church's financial situation is a blessing too. We hear of so many people at these conferences that have to pay their own way to these things. These things are expensive!!!

Everyone have a great week and I will check back with you on Sunday!

1 comment:

Peg said...

Hi - I came across your blog- have you ever been to Salado, Tx for a childrens conference? That is near me. Anyway, I just celebrated my 16th anniversary too! And I love the beach! Nice to meet you, I'm Peg. I have I visited your blog before? Sorry, my 40 year old brain doesn't remember so well.