Friday, December 16, 2005

Ho-ho-ho

Got this off Malia's blog....the answers are mine! Go ahead do it! You know you want to!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate with whip cream!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? under the tree, artfully arranged for a dramatic presentation for Christmas morning!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I want white only but we have colored on both the tree and the house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope, we just kiss all the time anyway! JK!

5. When do you put your decorations up? We cut down the tree the Sat. after T-giving and then the decorations start going up!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I can't pick just one!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Waking up on Christmas morning to see what Santa had brought and the artful way that is is arranged under the tree for the dramatic presentation! I learned from the master!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My friend down the street told me when I was 6. I didn't fess up however until I was much older. I think I was afraid that I wouldn't get any presents at that point. However, I tend to view Santa as being the Spirit of Christmas and of giving and that is something I believe in and holds more truth than the jolly elf from storybooks. (sorry copied this one from Malia...i completely agree)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always opened gifts in my family on Christmas eve. Christmas day was all about Santa and what "he" brought. Jay grew up with only opening gifts on Christmas day. So we open gifts with my family on Christmas eve and on Christmas day we do Santa and gifts to the 4 of us and with Jay's family.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Chocolate chip and milk but now Santa does coke or cherry coke. smile!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! If it's gonna be cold then there better be snow!

12. Can you ice skate? Yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not one gift really but I do remember finding the ATARI 6400 or was it a 5200? under my parents bed (dumb place to hide THE gift of the season) and being totally excited about it! I also remember getting my Cabbage Patch kid from England becuase they were sold out here in the US and my Dad went to England on a business trip and got it there!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being a family. Sharing our blessings more than normal with those not as fortunate. We do this on a regular basis but we step it up a notch at the holidays.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? No bake cookies and pumpkin pie with ice cream.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The new one that has started for us is going ot our church's Christmas Eve service. Also being at my mom's all of Christmas Eve day and playing games and opening presents!

17. What tops your tree? An Angel--a really cheap one from Walmart that we bought 16 years ago and the kids won't let us get rid of her!
.
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? O Holy Night and Silent Night. But my absolute favorite song about Christmas is the one by Point of Grace I can't remember the title but it's about a family befriending an old woman with no family! Makes me weep! Also by POint of Grace--We're not that far from Bethlehem.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Only yummy when you have an upset tummy!

No comments: