Monday, December 26, 2005

The post christmas post

It has come and gone! So much work for 24 hours of fun! Santa brought our house 2 digital cameras! So hopefully soon I will be able to post pictures!

Christmas eve day was spend at my parent's house with my brothers and their families! Lots of fun and lots of presents! Oh--the night before they all came to my house for dinner and we played Name that Tune 80's version!!! So much fun! Lots of memories listening to that music from my formative years!

Christmas eve was our church's service! I think it is so awesome that we come together as a family and be together praising and honoring our Lord and the precious gift that He gave us when Christ was born. The children did a FABULOUS job with their portion of the evening! You can go to www.fxcc.org and hopefully soon their will be pictures up on the website of the evening.

Christmas morning was spent worshiping together at church....we never get to do that with my job! That was refreshing! We came back and celebrated Christmas with Jay's mom, brother and grandmother. Long story on the grandmother....another blog entirely but we had a good time.

It was sad though with Jim missing. He was truly missed and acknowledged.

One VERY frustrating fact...I ordered alex a digital camcorder for christmas from a website that specializes in too much stock and it was plastered alllllll over the website that if you ordered by the 21st, they would deliver by 24th. So I order on the 19th....Well guess what didn't come!!!!! I am so angry! I contacted the company and they just said. Sorry how about 20% off your next order. I told them absolutely not and that I would let all people I know, to not order from them! Poor Alex! They promised me that it would arrive today and guess what did NOT show up today!!!! Oh that's right....his christmas present!!!!! So this company is on NOT on my favorite list!

Over all we had a lovely christmas and when Grandmother leaves, I will post about her. What a sad life she lives!

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! Oh by the way, from my previous post....I did get the Willow Tree Angel Nativity set!!! YEAH!!!!!

Now only 364 days left until next Christmas!

3 comments:

Diana said...

So - what's the name of that company you are telling all of us not to order from ?????

Ellyn said...

Overstock.com---it finally came on Tuesday and it isn't even a camcorder. It is a digital camera with the ability to record video but it's main function is a digital camera. The side of the camera says camcorder on it! Oh well....we are returning it!

I am currently trying to get my pictures uploaded to a website so that you can see some xmas pictures.

Malia said...

I ordered David's Christmas present on like the 1st or 2nd of December...still hasn't arrived!!!! I've been in contact with the company and they are sending another one. Very frustrating, I know. It's a custom item so let's just hope that on top of everything else they didn't mess it up!