Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to us! It is our 16th wedding anniversary! Shout-out to my lovely sister-in-law, Tanya for remembering and wishing us a happy anniversary! Thanks Tanya for always being so mindful of important days!!!

An announcement-- If you would like to see pictures then please use this website to see my pictures!!! http://community.webshots.com/user/sergiomom

Ok, So being married for 16 years has had is ups and downs. After 16 years, you can tend to get complacent in your relationship. There are days that you would why in the world you would ever choose to marry your mate. Then you have many days that remind you why you did!

Gone is the gooy-lovey-dovey-fluttery feelings from the beginning of your relationship and in their places come a peace and a comfort from knowing that you have this relationship with a person completely different than you and who will stay with you regardless of how you behave!!! Your love grows to become an Agape love. Just unconditional, accepting kind of love. That is very very nice!

In 16 years we have moved 4 times, had 2 children, 9 cars, 2 dogs, 3 or 4 fish, 1 chinchilla, 1 gecko, more arguments that a memory can hold, so many treasured moments that makes a heart full. I am loved by a man who wakes up every morning and KNOWS that he loves me. I am blessed more than I deserve. I have the blessing of waking up every morning knowing that someone KNOWS they love me.

Don't think we haven't had our fair share of struggles, because we have! But we worked it out no matter how hurt we were becuase we made a commitment to each other and to God to be married for better and worse. I don't know what your worse is but we have had a few over the past 5 years. It was hard, but in the midst of it we heard God saying...this is it. This is where the rubber meets the road. Stick with it becuase I stick with you.

So here's to you babe! Here's to the next 16 years! My prayer is that our love grows stronger and our commitment deeper. Thanks for helping me be the best I can be!

I love you!

1 comment:

Malia said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary!

Love the pics!