Saturday, December 03, 2005

The magic of WAMAVA

I don't know if it is the cleaner air, or the landscape, or the no phones and t.v. or that you are away from the ratrace or all of the above but I just got back from the teen retreat at WAMAVA and ahhhh......I am like a new woman!

I only got l ike 5 hours of sleep but still I have come back with a renewed sense of peace. I don't know what it is about WAMAVA that does that to me!

I was totally stressed out about Christmas and decorating and putting up the tree but now I am not! I was trying to think of every excuse yesterday to NOT go to WAMAVA with the teens but I couldn't think of a real valid one so I went. I am glad I did!

I only stayed for one day because I have to get up at the crack of dawn at go to work (church) if I don't come home. I am getting too old for that.

I think one thing that rejuvenates me is that Chris has the teens make mailboxes and all weekend the teens spend a lot of time writing words of encouragement to each other! I love doing that! I sat down and wrote to every jr. higher and almost all the sr. high kids! They wrote me back too! I love hearing what they have to say! Anway, I was giving out love and they were sending it back and as the song goes...what the world needs now, is love, sweet love.....

It makes the world go round! So I came home and cleaned the 1st floor of my house and have started putting up Christmas decorations!!! I am feeling it! It also doesn't hurt that it is all cold and cloudy out and looks like SNOW!!!!!

It's the most wonderful time of year!!! Sing with me!!!! Man, am I relaxed!

What relaxes you? Come on put up your tree and deck the halls! Send someone some love! You will feel better!!!

1 comment:

Malia said...

Yes WAMAVA is magical. I miss it but my camp by marriage is a good place, too. I think its because these places are set away from the busy hubbub of daily life and because of all the memories we make along the way.