Wednesday, February 01, 2006

um......

I know it's been like a week. I just don't know what to blog about. I have the blogger block. Nothing is spurring me to blog.

Yeah it's sad that Coretta Scott King died. Yes the Oscar noms came out. Yes the President made his speech....I hate to admit it but I watched American Idol instead. I know for a very patriotic person that was not very patriotic of me.

I have been home for 2 days with a sick son and all I ahve done is read blogs and catch up on 24!!! My laundry is not done. The bathrooms are not clean...well they are now, Alex and I ran to Target and I got those Clorox toilet wand thingys. Not bad. But a better invention is the mr. clean magic eraser!

I did cook dinner 2 nights in a row this week! That is almost a record!!! For those of you who don't know me...I don't cook very often! I am trying....Dinnermyway helps!

OOOO---Dinnermyway results--2 thumbs up for Chicken and black bean burritos and Chicken Parm and Cumin and Lime pork roast!!!!!

Hand slap down for the skillet chicken pasta thing that looked and smelled like prison food. Not that I ahve eaten prison food but that is what I imagine it to be like.

A So-so for the shrimp stir fry--I let it thaw for too long...it was mushy!

Good news is that my sister in law has a blog!!!! It's on the side there under Tanya's blog! She has 3 kids--6 year old boy and 4 year old twins (girl and boy). She has many numerous stories to share! Her life is a trip! Hopefully she will share her Colby stories that include body parts! He is Jim Carrey in a 4 year old body!

Apparently people are all a buzz about the Oscar's. Ya know there should be an Oscar for best mom or something. I'm happy that we honor these people to entertain us but really they earn millions...i mean millions of dollars for us to honor them and then they get to make more millions becuase then we will go see their next movie regardless if it is worth seeing or not.

I wouldn't change what I do for what they do. I LOVE being a mom! Even when I have to miss work to take care of my sick child. I feel a little guilty about not going to work but not a lot guilty becuase I choose to have kids and raise them. I only have them for a short time. So when Jay and I decided to have kids...or should I say when God decided for us to have kids (another blog), this became their time. Our wants are put on hold, not a lot of them but some of them. They will all too soon move out and then we can do all those things we wanted to do.

um.....i guess i had more to say than i thought. A shout-out to Shayna who is apparently not having a great week! I am sending out to you 100 good thoughts and hugs!

4 comments:

Malia said...

Heh-heh...I remember when God chose for you to have a child! It was quite the little rumor mill there for awhile until everyone shut-up and did the math! I remember thinking it was so cool that you would be a "young mother", you would be such a cool mom when your kids got older (and you are!) and I thought that that was what I would do, get married and start having babies. I got over that pretty quickly! :-) But I agree, I love being a mother, too. It's the only thing I ever really aspired to and even though things are not always peachy, I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Oh and yea! Tanya has a blog!

Ellyn said...

Oh Malia! I miss you...we should have a girls reunion! We could meet at a hotel 1/2 way or something for like a weekend! You, Em, Me, Tanya and Ramona!

Malia said...

when and where, I'm there! great idea!

Elli said...

Nicce post