Wednesday, October 11, 2006

God hear our prayers

.... pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective! James 5:16

I am putting a call out to all who read this. My dear friend of 31 years Sarah, has been diagnosed with acute lymphblastic leukemia. The is a cancer of the blood and it is all over her body. She entered the hospital late last night and will start very intense chemo immediately.

In perfect Sarah style, she sent an email out at 4:30 a.m. to her prayer warriors in ladies Bible class. She shared that she is scared but knows that this cancer is NOT bigger than God. She petitioned them to be in prayer for her. That is her strength. Knowing that her fellow christian mothers are lifting her to our Lord daily, if not hourly.

Sarah, is an amazing person. She has 4 children under the age of 9. She is one month younger than me. Yes, she is 37.

O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my (Sarah's ) relief. Psalm 143:1

4 comments:

Ramona said...

What a beautiful post, especially the scriptures. I knew your families were close, but didn't realize how close in age you are to Sarah. I am praying and praying for Sarah, and will be praying for you too! Love, Ramona

Tanya said...

I agree, such a beautiful post. We are definitely praying!! Love you.

Jacque said...

I've been praying hard for Sarah today. What a strong woman of God.

Fitness4God said...

Sarah is in our thoughts and prayers...

Dennis
Deaf Ministry

Matthew 18:20

Jesus said that "where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them".

We need Jesus in our midst, so we need to pray together with other believers.