Thursday, October 12, 2006

Perspective and 100th post

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26



So I saw Sarah today. She looked tired but good. She started her chemo last night and then I was there when the nurse brought her tablet chemo. She's doing good. She knows what she is up against. She willing to fight.

I was asked today if I could host our small group meeting this Sunday night. I really really don't want to. Why? Well Friday which is my normal day off, I will need to work...Sat. I am at church from 9-3 in a meeting so that we can figure out our mission, values and vision at good ole FXCC. I am not up for that BUT Sarah was on the team with me and you know what, she would want me there to give my 2 cents on what I htink God calls the church to be. Sunday I am there again at FXCC from 8-5 for various assundry of reasons that all fall under my job title. Small group starts at 6. I was pretty mad when I was asked. I thought why can't other people who are not as busy as me and have Sundays as a work day step up and do this?

I went to see Sarah today and you know what? If she can take chemo that is going to completely tear her apart to fight cancer and live another day, then I can host small group.

This situation puts it all into perspecitve, doesn't it? What Sarah wouldn't give right now to be able to host small group. So come on you 40 people--my carpets will be dirty but you are welcome in my home.

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 2 Cor. 4:8-10

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Great post, Ellyn! I agree...it's good to put things into perspective. Thinking of Sarah instead of being upset about hosting Small Group is a wonderful attitude to have. You make me very proud!