Friday, October 13, 2006

hope--God's doing it again!

Psalm 25:5guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalm 31:24Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD

Psalm 33:18But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love

Psalm 33:20We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.

5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and 6 my God.


I went again today to see Sarah. She needs hope. We were talking about what we put our hope in.

We hoped it was mono. It was not.
We hoped it was breast cancer. It was not.
We hoped it was lymphoma. It was not.

Gideon put his hope in things other than God. Please read Judges 6 and 7. God proved to him over and over that He was with Gideon. Still Gideon was unsure. Gideon gathered a large army to fight the enemy. God told him. "You don't need them". Gideon didn't understand how he was going to beat the enemy with a small army but still God whittled away his army.

Then God showed up and proved himself in a big way. Gideon's hope was in wet and dry fleece or large numbers of fighting men. God proved him wrong. Gideon's hope needed to be rested firmly in the Lord.

God has shown up for Sarah. She still needs to be reminded of the hope she has in the Lord. We are putting some things into place. I will let you know about them as they come to fruition. Until them, pray for her to put her hope in the Lord. If you get the chance go buy the new cd by Casting Crowns and listen to the song "In the storm".

Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Emily Gray said...

Micah 7:7 was in my reading this morning. "But as for me I watch in hope for the Lord. I wait for God my Savior. My God will hear me." (NIV)

Ellyn said...

oooo Good one! I will write that one down for her!

Thanks Em