Wednesday, October 18, 2006

In This Storm

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[a] who[b] have been called according to his purpose.

2 Corinthians. 4:16-18--Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Psalm 42:5 --Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him,

Psalm 121:1-2--I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.


Job 1:20-21--At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. [a] The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."

Daniel 3:16-18-- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."


Casting Crowns--Praise You In This Storm


I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
And stepped in and saved the day
Once again, I say Amen,
and it is still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
I'm with you
As your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll Praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
You are who you are
No matter where I am

And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will Praise You in this storm
I remember whenI stumbled in the wind
You heard my cryYou raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find you

I lift my eyes into the hills
Where does my help come from
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth


Rhonda--email me and I will give you the number
Bob--email me and I will give you the number
Sarah--email me and I will give you the number


I saw Sarah today. She looks great!!! She got a new short haircut so that she wouldn't have stringy long hair as her hair fell out. She is tolerating the chemo well. In fact her blood levels are so good that the dr. has given her 2 days off this week from taking the chemo administered by drip! Praise God!

Sarah met a woman today when taking chemo today. Sarah is going to pray for her to be healed. This woman and her husband go to church but their church is not set up to "take care" of people. Sarah was appalled! This woman was so taken by Sarah that she signed up to take her chemo on friday at the same time as Sarah!

Sarah desperately wants people to know that their focus should not be on her and how she is dealing with this. Their focus should be on God. God is seeing her thru. God is helping her. God is with her.

Sarah told me that if it takes her having cancer to bring people to a relationship with Christ, then so be it. She said bring it on! God is being glorified!

Like the song above.....She knows her help comes from the Lord. She is raising her hands and praising Him in the storm. She also knows that the storm is just starting to brew. She knows with God she WILL get through it, no matter what that means. Sometimes God calms the storms. Sometimes He chooses to ride them with us. No matter what--we praise Him through the storm.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Thank you for all your posts and scriptures, they are great. I've been thinking of how Sarah's faith prepared her to weather this storm, how her Christlike qualities make people love her so much, how this is helping even strong Christians become stonger and certainly increasing the amount of time they spend in prayer - people are seeing prayers directly answered and scripture coming to life. God is definitely the one shining here!

Emily Gray said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily Gray said...

That song always makes me think of that verse you quoted from Job - one of my favorites!